The National Center for Research in Geography Education (NCRGE) is a research consortium for transformative research in geography education, with co-headquarters at the American Association of Geographers (AAG) and Texas State University. NCRGE’s mission is to build capacity for research that advances theory, deepens knowledge, challenges thinking, and supports evidence-based practices in geography education.
NCRGE pursues its mission through a variety of activities and programs, including:
- Seeking public and private sector funding support for the NCRGE research coordination network.
- Linking geography education and geospatial technology to education research in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
- Coordinating and encouraging research collaborations across institutional and disciplinary boundaries.
- Sponsoring research conferences and workshops.
- Expanding opportunities for graduate research in geography education.
- Supporting research planning and site visits through a fellowship program.
- Publishing the scholarly journal, Research in Geographic Education.
We invite you to explore this website for more information about NCRGE projects, research funding, graduate research opportunities, upcoming events, and network membership.